Java is a simple and yet powerful object oriented programming language and it is in many respective manner similar to C++ . Java originated at Sum microsystem in1991. It was conived by James Gosing, Patrick Naughton, Chris Warth, Ed Frank and Mike Sheridan at Sum Microsystem. It was developed to provide a platform-independent programming language .
Java is a set of Computer Software and specification developed by Sum Microsytem which was later acquired by the Oracle Corporation, That provides a system for developing application software and deploying . It is a cross-platform computing environment. The Java Programming language required the presence of a software platform in order for compiled program to be executed. Oracle supplies java platform for use With Java. The android SDK is an alternative software platform, used primarily for developing Android application.
Features of Java
There are Six types of features and they are as follows :-
1. Java is a simple programming language.
2. Java also supports object Oriented programming language like Inheritance, Abstraction, Encapsulation and Polymorphism.
3. Java is a platform independent programming language.
4. Java also support Robust that is automatically there is Garbage collection and Exception handling.
5. Java is a secured programming language.
6. Java also support Multi-threading (i.e. it is possible in Java that the user can create a code ones but executed many times)
Advantages Of Java
1. Java provides a very easy interface for the user and also for the developer.
2. Java has been considered as the simplest language when compared to the other programming language.
3. Java has eliminated the uses of pointer and also replace the complexity of Multiple inheritance in C++ with a simple structure and that structure which call interface.
4. Java is platform independent.
5. Java also provide facility to ” write once and run anywhere”. The application developed by using this language can be run on any hardware and software platform.
Disadvantages of Java
1.Java is comparatively slow and take more memory space then the other native programming language like C, C++ etc.
2.Single Paradigm Language :- Java is actually pre-dominating a single paradigm language but in the new version of Java like Java 5.0 and onwards, The procedural paradigm is made better by adding some static import on it.